David Bowles is standing as an Independent candidate to be the Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire. If you are intending to stand to be Police and Crime Commissioner where you live, you can submit your own Candidate Statement, so get in touch at Editor@TopOfTheCops.com. Others are on the way, and we are looking for 400 words, and a photo of you to which you have rights.
Lincolnshire resident David Bowles is experienced as a Chief Executive and Chairman of complex public sector organisations with a sound background in finance. He believes the Police Force should remain independent from party politics and is concerned we are sleepwalking towards an American system of ‘buying’ public office.
David is never afraid to stand up for what is right; he is independent in every way:
- He is not, nor has ever been, a member of a political party
- He is not touting for financial support for his campaign
David was Chief Executive of Lincolnshire County Council and in this post he showed great integrity. Knowing it would cost him his job he still stood up to the politicians in charge when he saw wrong doing. He is widely credited with ensuring the corrupt Leader of the Conservative controlled Council, Jim Speechley was convicted and jailed for misconduct in public office.
As Chairman of the United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust David’s compassion came to the fore as he fought for patients to be put before targets under the then Labour Government. Again he did the right thing by the people he worked with and cared for taking a public stand against what his professional team advised him were dangerous practices.
In David’s manifesto, published on his website www.davidbowles.org.uk he makes his commitments to the people of Lincolnshire including:
- Listening and responding to local people’s concerns
- Resisting proposed mergers with other forces
- Fighting for better funding for Lincolnshire
- Responding effectively to concerns about anti social behaviour
- Holding the Police and their contractors, ( G4S) to account
David knows the issues that concern people in Lincolnshire and, if elected, will lobby to address them:
- Ensuring the human rights of victims come before those of the criminal
- Restricting entry to the UK of criminals from any country
- Substantial, appropriate sentencing for drug dealers
- Effective drug and alcohol rehabilitation programmes to tackle reoffending
- Substantial, appropriate sentencing for carrying a knife or gun
David Bowles has headed up complex, publicly accountable organisations as a Chief Executive and as a non executive Chairman; a proven principled leader who:
- listens to his professionally qualified teams,
- listens to the public he serves
- is fearless in tackling politicians at a local and national level to ensure the organisation he is responsible for and the people it serves are treated fairly.
Nobody else standing in Lincolnshire is more independent or better qualified.